October 2023: A moment of silence
If you read my newsletter last month, you may be wondering how our Women for Success Nonprofit three-and-a-half day Female Founders Forum 2023 went (or maybe it’s just me wanting to tell you about it).
Well, the forum drew in a larger audience than we anticipated, and over $300 million in funding opportunities for business owners was available in the proverbial room. We accomplished everything we set out to and more, providing a platform for entrepreneurs to connect, feel supported, and expand their businesses. I have immense gratitude for everyone who helped us put the conference together and for our TGWM members who showed up as vendors, attendees, volunteers, and cheerleaders to make it a success.
Other than that, I am going to keep this month’s newsletter short. In light of the terror attacks in Israel this past weekend, my “musings” feel superfluous and diminishing following such a grave event. I know not nearly enough about the deeply-seeded divisions and vastly complex relations amongst the Middle Eastern nations, but in the face of so much tragedy, hatred, and destruction, my heart is heavy for everyone grieving, and in the wise words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., said for a different scenario with creeping similarities, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” May we show a little extra love to our neighbors today.
Happenings around TGWM…
Events: We have officially kicked off wedding season with our first wedding this past weekend (congrats, Jackie & Andres!). The wedding was stunning, with 50 guests in attendance and a modern boho aesthetic. We also had a bridal shoot toward the end of last month with TLC Photos, showcasing a gorgeous modern and chic fall-inspired color palette.
Upgrades: Mike finished the bar (for now), and it looks amazing! We can’t wait for you to stop by the venue to check it out. Of course, his creative brain isn’t done with it, but it’s fully functional and now covered. I also finished painting the pavilion by the entrance where valet sets up during weddings and events. Our entrance is finally looking spruced up, with more additions and glow-ups to follow over the coming years.
Inventory: While we do not have new inventory to share, I did create a worksheet for our booked clients who are using our rentals. This worksheet goes along with our inventory site, making it easier for clients to communicate with us which pieces of furniture and decor they are using for their wedding.
Offers: I am so excited to share that we got an exclusive offer code from Ling’s Moment, an online retailer that creates and sells beautiful artificial flowers and floral arrangements. We love our talented florists, but some couples need or want an alternative to natural flowers, and Ling’s delivers a cost-effective floral option that doesn’t sacrifice beauty at a wedding or event. Our offer code, TGWM, gives our community a 10% discount off their order(s). Additionally, one of our preferred caterers, Table for Two Catering & Events extended their offer to allow couples to put down a smaller deposit on catering reservations this month, which can be supremely helpful when you’re trying to book multiple vendors at once and need to place multiple deposits.
Updates for TGWM…
These next months, we plan to:
- Start up our #ThreeTipsThursdays again, and we have a special interviewee for this month!
- Host one more wedding this month and prep for the seven events we have in November!
- Continue to work on some of the projects we have around the venue
- Brainstorm ideas for hosting more community events in 2024
- Share more tips and advice on our Instagram page
This wouldn’t be a community space without the help from, well, our community! If you can assist us with any of the following, we’d greatly appreciate it.
- If you have been to our venue and enjoyed your experience, a review for us would go a very long way! If you feel inclined, these are the sites on which we get the most traffic: Google, Wedding Wire, and TheKnot.
- Please follow us on our social media pages: Instagram (@thegardenswm) and Facebook.
- Please engage (share, like, comment, save) with our posts on social media.
- Help us brainstorm events we can host in our space outside of private parties (e.g., wellness events, art galleries, concerts, gaming events, etc.).
- Book a tour if you’re in the area and would like to see our space!
Thanks for tuning in this month!
-Emily, Co-Founder, The Gardens of Weber Manor